Voting record re: Amendments, Special Members Meeting February 7th
Below are the items that were put forward for ratification. You can see a more in depth summary here, if you so wish.
The following will be added to AKA’s by-laws:
1. “Members are entitled to vote by mail-in ballot.” in Section 5. Meeting of Members, sub-section (e).
2. “The fiscal year of the corporation shall end on the 31st day of March in each year.” (Section 3)
-This change has been made so as to coincide with Canada Council’s fiscal year and make our year-end statements easier to read. There will thus be no deferred revenue from year to year.
3. Membership is available in multiple classes (Section 4)
4. AGM quorum will be changed from a membership majority to this: Quorum will consist of six members, board inclusive.
5. Ratification of new Board Members.
Total numbers of votes, including mail in ballots, physically present members and designated proxies: 55
Amendment ratifications: 54 in favour, 1 opposed.