CFCR 90.5, Saskatoon’s Community Radio Station, is doing the Artists for Alternative Radio Community Radio’s 10th Annual Art Auction and this is something I encourage all AKA members and beyond to consider submitting work for, as CFCR is a station committed to local coverage of the cultural scene in many ways and in many forms.
I’ve included information below, but you can contact Ricki Skoretz at CFCR at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the station at 306-664-6678 to get the submission forms and find out everything you need to know to help the station with this important fundraiser.
Art Submission Guidelines
- All artwork (other than installations/pottery/sculpture) must be framed. Contributions must be in a condition ready for sale.
- All artwork must be labeled with the “Artist Name” and “Title of the Artwork”
- Acceptance of art pieces will be at the discretion of the Art Auction Committee.
- The contributing artist will receive up to 50% of the purchase price of the entry, with the rest going to Community Radio. The artist may choose to donate more than 50% of the sale to Community Radio.
- The live auction will be limited to approximately 30 items. The final number will be determined by the auction committee.
- The committee reserves the right to decide whether art work should be placed in the live or silent auction.
- The deadline for submission of the registration form and the contributor’s autobiography is Friday, October 19th.
- The deadline for dropping off your artwork is Friday, October 26th.
- As of 2010 – According to Revenue Canada and our Accountants, CFCR must write the artist a cheque for the full amount (sale price) of the art and then the artist will write CFCR a cheque for the donated amount (at least 50% of the sale price). Following the auction, the artist will need to come down to CFCR to pick up the cheque and make the donation. The artist will sign a receipt indicating he/she received the cheque. The artist will also receive a tax receipt for the donation.
- The Art Auction Committee reserves the right to amend or alter any of the above guidelines, should extraordinary situations arise.